We are always looking for good temps. Whether you are an experienced Executive Assistant or a student looking for work during holidays, we would be very interested in speaking to you. We provide a whole range of temp staff, including Receptionists.
Useful information for Temps
- Ideally we would like to receive your Timesheet by Friday at 6pm. If this is not possible then we must have it by 10am on the following Monday. It must be signed by the client and faxed or e-mailed to us. If we do not receive your signed Timesheet by 10am you will miss payroll and not be paid until the following week.
- It is essential that you are always on time or, preferably a few minutes early. Your assignment will always be confirmed by e-mail. This e-mail will contain all of the details you need with respect to company name & address, the hours which you are required to work, the duration of the booking and your rate of pay. If, for any reason you are running late then please call us so that we can liaise with our client.
- We would recommend that you always have an A-Z or alternatively print off the directions from streetmap.co.uk
- Please turn off your mobile while in the office. No matter what the permanent staff at our client company do with respect to mobile usage, it is our policy that you do not access your mobile during our clients’ time. We ask that you read and return messages during your lunch hour. Remember the client is paying you to work for them and not to take personal phone calls in their time. We also ask that you do not give our client’s phone number to friends, family and other Agencies. If there is an emergency then please ask your friends / family to contact Heritage and we will then contact you. Please always seek permission from someone in authority if you need to make an urgent call.
- Do not access personal e-mails or use the internet whilst based on a client site. Even if you are given an e-mail address by the client, this is not for your personal use. If you do use it for personal reasons we will no doubt receive a complaint from our client and it could mean you lose the assignment. This would also influence our decision with respect to providing temporary work for you in the future.
- Please do not telephone our client directly if you are unwell. Please contact Heritage by 8.30am so that we can find a replacement and liaise with our client. If you are ill for more than one day, please phone us each day just to keep us informed.
- Always dress in a professional manner i.e. preferably a suit. We are often complimented on the presentation of our temps. If you are going to work in a less corporate environment we will advise you accordingly.
- Please ensure that your hair is always clean & tidy and please do not wear too much make-up.
- Always make the most of the booking you are in. A happy disposition is always remembered and remarked upon and will ensure that you are invited back for future assignments. If we are advised that you have been unhelpful and not willing to muck-in, it is unlikely that we will offer you future work.
- Please feel free to call us with any queries. If a client approaches you directly regarding extending or shortening your booking, please ensure that we are made aware. If a client asks for your personal phone numbers please do not provide these. Please advise them that all contact with you must be made through us. Our Terms of Business state that as Heritage has introduced you to the client a fee will be charged to them if they attempt to employ you directly.
From 1 April 2009 all workers became entitled to 28 days paid annual leave in any leave year. If you do not work full-time then this will be on a pro-rata basis.
Your holiday year starts on the first day of your employment with Heritage Recruitment.
You must give us notice of your intention to take leave. This should be at least twice as long as the period of leave you wish to take. For example, if you want to take 4 days paid annual leave you must give us 8 days’ notice. It is essential that you e-mail your leave request details to us:
Please also ensure that “holiday” is clearly marked on the appropriate days on your Timesheet.
As with all payment from Heritage, your holiday pay will be paid a week in arrears in line with your holiday request.
We calculate your holiday pay as a percentage of the hours you have worked each week.
You are only entitled to holiday pay for holiday you have accrued. If you wish to take a longer holiday, we will pay you holiday pay for the number of days you have accrued and the rest can be taken as unpaid leave by arrangement with us.
If you wish to take a days’ holiday on a Bank Holiday please advise us in the usual way and you will be paid the relevant accrued holiday pay.
The amount of holiday pay that you accrue for the week will be shown in the bottom left hand corner of your payslip. It will show “HP Accrual” for that particular week, and “HP Accrual to Date” which is your accumulated holiday pay.
When you stop temping with us we will issue you with a P45 and you will receive all outstanding holiday pay.
We will keep a record of all holiday accrued and payments made. However, we would recommend that you also keep your own records and payslips.
The Working Time Regulations 1998 were brought in as a health and safety measure to ensure that workers take regular breaks. You must take your accrued holiday by the end of the holiday year as it cannot be carried forward.
The temporary rate that we quote you does not include holiday pay. Holiday pay is additional to your hourly rate.
A P45 is issued by your employer when you stop working for them. It is a record of your pay and the tax that has been deducted from it in the tax year. It shows your Tax Code, PAYE (Pay As You Earn) reference number, National Insurance number, your Leaving Date, your earnings in the tax year and how much tax was deducted from your earnings.
Your P45 is an important document which cannot be duplicated so if you lose it, it cannot be re-issued. If you wish to claim back tax you will need your original P45. Part 1 is your copy to keep and Parts 2 and 3 should be given immediately to your new employer.
If you cease working for Heritage Recruitment and need a P45, please contact us immediately.
You will need to complete a P46 form if:
- You are starting your first job and do not have a P45
- You are new to the UK and starting to temp with us on a Visa
- You have lost your P45
You can download a P46 form here. Please complete this and return to us. This will be processed by HM Revenue & Customs who will then issue your tax code.